Erectile Dysfunction is usually a condition faced by men over the age of 50, but based on the large number of inquiries on blogs and forums from young men dealing with the symptoms of ED and over 500 hits to my article titled “Can Men in Their 20’s and 30’s Have Erectile Dysfunction” on Ezinearticles.com, this demonstrates impotence at all ages is a serious issue, and for young men is an issue not being fully addressed by the medical community.
What is Erectile Dysfunction
Erectile Dysfunction is not the same condition as premature ejaculation. Men with premature ejaculation are able to achieve an erection sufficient for sexual intercourse, but due to over stimulation of the penis, ejaculate within one to two minutes of beginning intercourse with their partner. Men with erectile issues, on the other hand, are unable to achieve hard erections capable of vaginal penetration or are not able to achieve an erection at all.
Leading Causes of Erectile Dysfunction in Men in their 20’s and 30’s.
* Excessive drinking of alcohol and binge drinking among young men, especially between the ages of 22 and 30, can lead to ED. I did my share of drinking in college, and found it was difficult to perform while intoxicated. Mild or moderate alcohol use can result in temporary impotence, and normal erections will return once the alcohol is out of your system. But, when drinking becomes excessive, it is believed that alcohol acts as a sedative on the central nervous system, thus depressing the male libido and sexual desire, which in turn inhibits the brain from sending signals to the heart to pump blood to the penis. A lack of blood flow to the penis prevents your ability to maintain or achieve an erection.
* Smoking can cause impotence, due to nicotine build up can cause hardening of the arteries, which restricts blood flow through the veins. Arterial sclerosis restricts blood flow, and thus can prevent the massive amount of blood required for you to achieve an erection, resulting in your impotence.
* Obesity has unfortunately become an epidemic in this country, affecting children, teenagers, young adults and up. This disease tends to follow men and women through adulthood, if not addressed. Obesity leads to heart disease, diabetes and high blood pressure. This trifecta results in the three main medical causes of erectile dysfunction. Erectile dysfunction treatment
* Many young men are taking supplements for weight gain and to build muscle mass. While these health supplements do have some benefit for your muscle, they are also packed with sodium and partially hydrogenated oils. These ingredients can lead to high blood pressure and cardiovascular disease, which are two leading culprits that impact a man’s ability to achieve an erection.
* Mental causes of ED includes depression, stress, anxiety and insomnia. When one of these conditions causes ED, usually once the condition is cured, normal sexual behavior returns. When the condition becomes chronic, this can lead to long-term sexual dysfunction. The stress and anxiety that accompanies a man’s inability to perform sexually creates a vicious cycle of non-stop ED and performance anxiety that not only affects a man’s self confidence, but can eventually affect his relationships with women.
Natural Cures for Erectile Dysfunction
* The best natural supplement for erectile dysfunction I have found through my analysis of available supplements is Zenerx. Most natural cures for impotence only address the issue of relaxing blood vessels to improve blood flow and thus increase erections. This natural erectile dysfunction cure also includes natural ingredients that in addition to treating erectile dysfunction, allows men to achieve harder erections, improves sexual desire and libido, stamina and sperm production.
* If you have been diagnosed with depression, stress or anxiety and do not want to take an anti-depressant or anxiety medication due to the side effects, try the Release Technique. This natural technique requires no pills. If you already suffer from impotence as a result of your mental issues, drugs that treat these condition also lead to erectile dysfunction, so you will be on a never ending chase to cure your erection problems. I have been using this technique for three years. It cured my stress and anxiety quickly and naturally.
* If your weight is causing your erection problems, then the key is to eat a healthy diet high in vito-nutrients. These can be found in green leafy vegetables. Omega-3 Fatty Acids from nuts and salmon help control cholesterol build up. Red fruits an